– 2 tbsp olive oil — divided – 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs — cut into small pieces – 1 carrot — large, shredded – 6 cups cabbage — shredded – 1/4 cup tomato sauce – 1 tsp salt — or more to taste – 1/4 tsp pepper — or more to taste – 1/2 tsp garlic powder – 1 bay leaf – 1 cup water — or chicken stock – 1 tsp paprika – parsley for garnishing
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes per side.
2. Add the remaining olive oil, then add cabbage, carrots, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and garlic powder.
3. Sautee for 5 minutes. Then add water (or chicken stock) and bay leaf. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is tender and cooked.
4. Add paprika and chicken. Cook for 5 more minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve.
Did I mention it is a one pan dish? It can not get any better. It is also foolproof and easy to customize.
You can use okra in soups – which means boiling, sautéed it or roast it in the oven, Okra can also be deep fried and also breaded and fried or oven baked.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (I get them from Costco) in this Low-Carb Cabbage With Chicken Recipe.
Low-Carb Cabbage With Chicken Recipe – keto, gluten free and low-calorie. This sauteed cabbage with chicken takes 20 minutes to prepare and makes a simple, nutritious and budget friendly family meal.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes