– 4 pork shoulder steaks — 6 oz each – 1/2 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper – 1/4 tsp paprika – 1/4 tsp garlic powder – 1/2 tsp thyme — fresh, optional – 1 tbsp olive oil – 1/2 cup onion — sliced, not chopped – 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms – 1/3 cup red wine — water or vegetable stock could be used
1. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder (optional).
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pork steak and cook for 2 minutes per side until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add mushrooms and onions and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add pork chops back to the pan. Add wine (water or stock could be substituted). Add more salt, pepper and thyme. Cover with foil.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add the pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, covered. Serve.
While different researches have shown that good cuts of pork could be safely consumed rare, I personally wouldn’t eat them, unless cooked to a safe temperature of at least 145 F.
Side dishes that work well with pork steak are cabbage salad or any fresh salad, potatoes and steamed or grilled vegetables.
Baked Pork Steak Recipe – tender and juicy pork shoulder steaks, lightly browned on the stove top and then cooked in the oven together with mushrooms and onions for a quick and effortless meal. Very easy to make and delicious. Keto and low-carb.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes