Fresh and nutty purple cabbage and green apple salad. Great texture and eye catching colors. Flavorful olive oil and vinegar dressing that enhances vegetable flavor.
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots — (2 medium carrots)
- 1/2 sliced green apple
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds — (can use raw or toasted, pumpkin seeds or chopped hazelnuts can be substituted)
- 1 tsp chopped parsley — (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp honey or agave nectar — (depends on how sweet you prefer your dressing)
- 1/2 tsp chopped parsley — (optional)
Prepare the dressing by whisking 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp honey (agave nectar) and 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp parsley and stir to combine.
In a medium salad bowl place chopped cabbage on the bottom and add shredded carrots, sliced apple and sunflower seeds.
Pour dressing on top, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Calories: 678, Fat: 59g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 1288mg, Potassium: 799mg, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 20g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 253.6%, Vitamin C: 132.6%, Calcium: 10.1%, Iron: 13.6%