Summer White Wine Berry Sangria Recipe
White Wine Berry Sangria Recipe – very easy to make, refreshing drink, great for parties and hot summer days.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you may know that I love making cocktails.
This White Wine Berry Sangria was a hit at our Memorial Day barbecue.
I’m in love with the berry overload lately.
You can find excellent quality berries an any store this time of the year.
Ingredients to make Summer White Wine Berry Sangria:
I got some:
- a couple bottles of Pinot Grigio wine
Sangria is one of the easiest cocktails to make, with minimal ingredients and it also is the perfect alcoholic drink for a crowd.
It is so versatile and I can never go wrong with it.
What to serve berry sangria with:
It goes well with seafood, Mexican food, Spanish food and even grilled meat.
Great to serve when you have people come over or enjoy by yourself on a hot summer day.
More Sangria Recipes:
What is sangria?
Sangria is a wine-based “punch” that includes seasonal fruit, a sweetener (not always), brandy, and sometimes a splash of soda water.
What kind of wine to use in a white wine sangria?
Suvignon blanc or pinot Grigio are my favorite kinds of wine, when I make white sangria.
The wine you choose should be slightly fruity, dry, not too sweet (you can always sweeten the cocktail later)
How to make this summer berry sangria recipe?
Making sangria is pretty easy! All you need is :
- A bottle of wine. I don’t suggest that you use super high end wine for this. Mid priced wines are good to make sangria cocktail.
- Fresh fruit. In this White Wine Berry Sangria Recipe I used fresh blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. You can also add slices of citrus – lemon, lime or even orange.
- Sweetener – to me the sweetener is optional. I can usually enjoy my fruity cocktail without the extra sweetness. In this White Wine Berry Sangria Recipe I’ve included the option of a sweetener, feel free to use it. You can use simple syrup, honey, agave nectar or even low carb sweetener like stevia or erythritol.
- Sparkling water (soda water). I personally like adding it because it makes the drink extra light and bubbly.
- Fruit juice – optional (like orange juice). I did not use any in this recipe
- Brandy or liqueur, I like to use orange flavored one like Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or even Triple Sec.
- You combine all ingredients in a nice large pitcher (like this one) and either serve right away over ice, or refrigerate for up to two days. This Sangria Set is also very nice!
Once you make sangria, how long can you keep it in the fridge or at room temperature?
I wouldn’t keep a pitcher of sangria at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
I suggest that you keep the sangria chilled, once you make it.
It can be good for up to two days in the fridge.
Actually sangria tastes even better when made 12-24 hours in advance.
Since there is fruit inside, the fruit will absorb some of the wine and start tasting even better, but afterwards (after 2 days) it may start going bad.
White Wine Berry Sangria Recipe - very easy to make, refreshing drink, great for parties and hot summer days.
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio (750 ml)or Sauvignon Blanc, or Dry Riesling
- 1/4 cup honey, agave nectar of simpke syrup optional, I don't use any lately
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup Sparkling water or more to dilute, if the drink is too strong
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 oz sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 lemon sliced
Place berries in a large pitcher. Add the lemon slices. If using a sweetener add it. Add the liqueur. Pour the wine on top, then add the sparkling water. Add more sparkling water if the drink appears too strong.
Refrigerate for up to two days or serve right away.