– 1 tbsp olive oil or butter – 2 large zucchini — about 6 cups, cut into small pieces – 1 large onion — chopped – 3 cloves garlic — minced – 3 cups bone broth — chicken or veggie stock – 1/2 tsp salt — more or less to taste – 1/4 tsp black pepper – 1/4 tsp dried thyme — optional – 1 cup sour cream or heavy whipping cream – Olive oil — sour cream, parsley for garnishing
1. Heat oil (butter) in a pot.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. When the onion and garlic have started to soften add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the salt, pepper, thyme and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Using an immersion blender blend the soup until smooth.
6. Add in the sour cream and stir to incorporate. Add more salt if necessary and serve.
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up tp 3 days.
This low carb zucchini soup can be frozen in an air tight container for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
Zucchini Soup Recipe – creamy, low carb, low calorie soup, that comes together in under 30 minutes. This is seriously the best zucchini soup ever! Vegan option available. Kid friendly, perfect for a healthy start of the year.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes