– 8 cups finely chopped babbage – 3 tbsp vegetable oil – 1 shallot — chopped – 2 tbsp paprika – 2 tsp salt – 1/2 tsp black pepper – 2 tbsp tomato paste For the chicken: – 1 3 1/2 pound chicken, cleaned, washed and pat dried – 1 1/2 tsp salt – 1 tsp black pepper – 1 tsp paprika – 4 tbsp butter — soft – 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a deep dish(or a Braiser) heat oil and add shallot. Cook for 1 minute then add the cabbage.
3. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until it reduces its size, and starts to release some liquid. Stir frequently. Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
4. In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
5. Rub chicken with the mixture. If you can, rub some between the chicken breasts and the chicken skin. Season chicken. with salt and pepper on the inside.
6. If using a braiser, add chicken over the cabbage, if using another baking dish, transfer the cabbage to it and add the whole chicken on top.
7. Bake chicken and cabbage at 400 F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 and cover with the lid or aluminum foil. Roast for 1 hour (make sure cabbage is fully covered with foil (or lid).
8. Remove the cover and roast chicken for 15-20 mire minutes, until the top is golden and thermometer inserted into the thighs reads 165 F.
Whole Chicken And Cabbage Recipe In A Dutch Oven/Braiser – simple and delicious dinner, made with juicy whole chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika and baked in the oven with cabbage.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes