– whole turkey for the dry brine: – coarse kosher salt – brown sugar – black pepper – orange zest For the rub: – melted butter – lemon juice – salt – black pepper – paprika – smoked paprika – garlic powder – onion powder – oregano – fresh rosemary – sage – thyme – parsley
1. Rinse and pat dry the thawed turkey. In a bowl mix together the kosher salt, brown sugar, black pepper and orange zest. Rub the turkey on the inside and outside. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
2. Rinse the dry rub. Pat dry the turkey.
3. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, lemon juice, salt and herbs. Whisk to combine.
4. Rub the turkey on the outside, inside and under the skin on the breast with the butter and seasoning.
5. Set a pellet grill to a temperature of 250-275 F. Smoke until a thermometer inserted in the breast meat reads 165 F and the thigh meat reads 175 F.Let the turkey cool for at least 20 minutes before carving and serving.
The Best Smoked Turkey Recipe - tender, juicy and flavorful, this is seriously the best smoked turkey you will ever have. Learn how to prepare, brine, season and smoke a turkey in an electric smoker.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes