– pork belly – For the rub: – brown sugar or low-carb brown sweetener – salt — I use Himalayan – black pepper – paprika – smoked paprika – garlic powder – onion powder – pinch of cayenne pepper — optional – pinch of cinnamon — optional – Apple cider vinegar or apple juice for spraying – bbq sauce for serving — optional
1. Source your pork belly. You can either buy one big piece and cut it or get pre- cut pork belly from your butcher or the store.
2. Make sure the skin of the pork belly is removed.
3. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
4. Season the pork belly.
5. Place pork belly sliced on the smoker and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
6. Spray with apple juice or apple cider vinegar 2-3 times (optional).
7. Once the pork belly slices reach a temperature of 165 F, wrap in foil and smoke to 30-60 more minutes, until the temperature reaches 200 F.
8. Remove from the smoker, cut into pieces and enjoy.
Smoked Pork Belly Slices - smoky , sweet and flavorful. Uncured thick bacon slices (from Costco) rubbed with homemade smoking dry rub, smoked at low temperature on an electric pellet smoker.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes