– pork butt (shoulder) – sauerkraut – vegetable oil – salt – black pepper – paprika – 2 bay leaves
1. Season the pork with salt and pepper. We don't need a lot of salt, since the sauerkraut is pretty salty and it will add from its saltines to the meat.
2. Chop the cabbage. I personally prefer it finely chopped, but you can do it the way you prefer.
3. Add 1/2 of the sauerkraut to the slow cooker. Top with the meat. Add the remaining sauerkraut. Add paprika and Bay leave. Add the oil (optional).
4. Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8.
Sauerkraut freezes well, if frozen uncooked. You you have some leftover cooked pork and sauerkraut, you can still freeze it in zip lock bags for up to a month.
Slow Cooker Pork And Sauerkraut - easy to make, nutritious, comfort meal, perfect for your holiday table or to cook on a snowy winter day.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes