– 2 medium to large eggplants
– olive oil
– black pepper
– ground cumin
– pumpkin seeds (raw)
– sun-dried tomatoes (can substitute roasted red peppers, but the flavor will differ)
– parsley, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, red pepper flakes (for garnishing)
5. If you are using roasted garlic, get a whole head of garlic, cut about 5 mm on top, place in foil and drizzle with oil. Wrap in foil and add to the roasting pan. Remove after 30 minutes of roasting.
6. If using less garlic - wrap 3-4 cloves of garlic, drizzled with oil in foil and roast together with the eggplant for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and take off the skin. Use the soft roasted garlic in the recipe.