– butter – whole milk – eggs – Pinch of cream of tartar – confectioner’s sugar – vanilla extract – ground cinnamon – pumpkin pie spice – pumpkin puree — not pumpkin pie filling – flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Warm the milk until lukewarm and set aside.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
5. Melt butter and cool at room temperature.
6. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until pale and frothy. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and butter.
7. Mix in the flour. Add the pumpkin puree with 1/4 cup of the milk.
8. With the mixer running on low, add in the remaining milk.
9. Fold in the egg whites with a spatula.
10. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 60-65 minutes.
11. Cool completely. Ideally refrigerate so when you cut the cake it isn’t still a little runny.
12. Cut into squares and serve.
Pumpkin Magic Custard Cake Recipe – very easy to make, this cake has fall flavors and custard-like texture.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes