– Powdered sugar — , regular clean dish towel, oil spray (I use Misto) Pumpkin Cake Roll: – 3/4 cup all purpose flour – 1/2 tsp baking powder – 1/2 tsp baking soda – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice – 1/2 tsp cinnamon – 3 large eggs – 3/4 cup granulated sugar – 2/3 cup pumpkin pure — (not pumpkin pie filling) Cream Cheese Filling – 1 pkg — (8 oz /226 gr) softened cream cheese – 1 cup sifted powdered sugar – 6 tbsp softened butter – 2 tsp vanilla – powdered sugar
Pumpkin Cake Roll: 1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Grease a 9x13 jelly roll pan. Line with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper. Generously sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.Make sure you sprinkle "generously", otherwise your cake will stick to the towel.
2. In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking poweder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Set a side.
3. In another bowl, using a mixer beat eggs and sugar until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture, do not over beat.
4. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediate;y loosen cake and turn onto prepared towel. Peel off paper. Starting with the narrow end, roll up cake and towel together. Let it cool on wire rack.
Cream Cheese Filling: 1. Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small mixer bowl until smooth.
2. Carefully unroll the cake, remove towel and spread cream cheese filling. Roll cake again. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Slice and serve.
Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe – seasonal treat, perfect for fall. Layer of soft and tender pumpkin cake with sweet, smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes