- Fresh green beans. - Large pot. - Strainer (optional). - Large bowl filled with iced water. - Large tray (or cutting board or any dish to pat try the blanched green beans). - Zip lock bags or Food Saver Machine with bags.
– Get your fresh green beans (by purchasing them or sourcing them from the garden). – Rinse. – Cut off the ends on both sides.
– Cut into small bite sized pieces (optional)
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. – Prepare a large bowl filled with ice cold water. Set aside. – Add green beans to the pot. Boil for 2 minutes.
– Drain. – Rinse with cold water. – Place beans in the bowl filled with ice cold water for 3 minutes.
– Drain. – Pat dry with paper towels. Make sure they are dry, so they don’t stick to each other once frozen. – Place on a baking sheet, leaving some space between the beans.
– Freeze on the baking sheet for 1 hour. – Take out of the freezer and place in zip lock bags. Alternatively use a Food Saver machine to seal the green beans before freezing. – Freeze for up to 3 months.
How To Freeze Green Beans a step by step guide on how to freeze fresh green beans, store them and recipe ideas to use them in. Answers to popular question like do you need to blanch green beans before freezing.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes