– 1 large head of cabbage — chopped into 1/2 inch pieces of shredded – 8 slices of bacon – 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onion – 2 cloves garlic – 1/3 cup tomato sauce – 1/4 cup water – 1 tsp Salt – 1/4 tsp Black pepper – 1/2 tsp Thyme (optional
1. Chop cabbage onto 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Next - chop the onion and bacon into small pieces.
3. Set a large pan or pot over medium-high heat. When the bottom is hot and add bacon pieces.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until bacon is cooked and crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.
5. Keep the bacon fat in the pan. If it seems to be less than 3 tablespoons, add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Add garlic (optional). Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the shredded cabbage, tomato sauce, salt, black pepper, thyme (optional) and 1/4 cup of water.
7. Cook until the cabbage is wilted and softened, for about 10-15 minutes. Add more water if necessary, to prevent burning.
8. Cabbage needs to reduce its size by half and turn slightly translucent. Make sure it is soft enough for your taste and seasoned with enough salt to taste.
9. Add the bacon bits and stir.
Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free and simple to make easy fried cabbage with bacon recipe. Made with a few ingredients in 30 minutes.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes