– 4 medium — 3 small eggplants – 4 tbsp grapeseed oil — divided – 1 medium onion — diced – 3 garlic cloves — pressed – 1 small carrot — diced – 2 cups tomato sauce – 1/4 tsp sugar — or honey – 1/2 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp oregano – 1/4 tsp dried basil – 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese — optional – 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400F (190C).
2. Wash and pat dry eggplants. Cut on one side lengthwise through the middle ( do not cut through). Place in a baking dish, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and sprinkle some salt on top.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, until the inside of the eggplants is soft.
4. In the mean time prepare the sauce.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Add the onion, garlic and carrot.
6. Cook for 5 min, stirring frequently.
7. Add the sauce, salt, augar, oregano and basil. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
8. Take the eggplants out of the oven.
9. Using a spoon, open the eggplants so you can add the sauce on top.
10. Divide the sauce between the eggplants.
11. Bake at 375F for another 10-15 minutes with the sauce.
12. Top with cheese and parsley. Serve.
Easy Stuffed Eggplant Recipe – comforting, flavorful and delicious, easy to make dish. Small whole eggplants are first baked to soften and split open. Next they are cooked with chunky tomato sauce and topped with cheese.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes