– tomatoes – zucchini – eggplant – onion – garlic cloves – sugar – balsamic vinegar – salt – basil – thyme – oregano – black pepper – olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cook onion and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, sugar and seasonings and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until thickened.
4. Cut vegetables into 1/8 inch thickness.
5. Pour sauce into a 2-3 quart baking dish (either round or square).
6. Arrange sliced vegetables alternating tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and onion standing up on their sides. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake for additional 15-20 minutes, until tender.
8. Add salt and pepper on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Add grated Parmesan cheese and parsley (optional).
9. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Simple and elegant dish, mad with layered vegetables over tomato sauce, baked until tender. Topped with olive oil, herbs and cheese. Low carb and vegan option available.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes