– turkey meat – Leftover bones and carcass – store bought – vegetable oil – carrots – onion – garlic – black pepper – salt – celery – egg noodles or rice – thyme
1. Prepare the homemade turkey broth by simmering the carcass and bones with 6 quarts of water and a head of onion for 2 hours. Strain the broth. Alternatively use store bought turkey or chicken broth.
2. Cut the turkey meat into bite sized pieces.
3. In a large pot, heat some vegetable oil or butter. Add the chopped onion, garlic, carrots and celery (optional)., Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the rinsed rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour the broth on top, add salt, black pepper and thyme. Add rosemary (optional).
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Stir in the loft over cooked turkey meat.
8. Cook for another 10 minutes or more, until the rice is fully cooked.
9. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
This Easy Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe is made with leftover cooked turkey meat (from Thanksgiving) and some simple pantry staples including rice.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes