white beans vegetable oil carrot onion roasted red peppers tomato paste savory spice mint spice paprika salt black pepper water flour
1. Soak dry beans in cold water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse. Add cold fresh water, covering the beans with 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain the water. Rinse.
2. While the beans are boiling, preheat oven to 350F. In a small pan of oven safe braiser or dutch oven, heat oil and add onions and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
3. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper, dried mint, dried savory and paprika, stir to combine. Add beans. Add water to cover the beans.
4. In a small bowl combine flour with 3 tbsp cold water. Mix to combine. Add flour mixture to the pot and stir to combine.
5. Bake beans for 50-60 minutes or until the water is absorbed, test for doneness.
Easy Bulgarian Baked Beans Recipe - one of the easiest ways to make baked beans, with minimum ingredients, but wonderful flavor.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes