– sweet potatoes – onion — (chopped) – butter — (olive oil) – vegetable stock – cumin – red pepper flakes – black pepper – salt – water (optional, to thin the soup) – shredded parmesan (optional) – bacon bites (optional) – parsley (optional)
1. Cut potatoes in halves and place them in a microwave safe dish, cut sides facing down. Add 1/4 cup water.
2. Cover the dish with plastic wrap. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool until they are comfortable to touch and remove the skins.
3. Alternatively, peel potatoes and cut into small, bite sized pieces. Boil in a pot, filled with water until tender. Drain and add to the stock.
4. In a sauce pan heat butter (oil) over medium heat and add chopped onion. Cook for 1 minute and add cumin and red pepper flakes and stir. Add vegetable stock (can use chicken stock) and bring to a boil.
5. Puree potatoes and stock in batches and pour into a bowl.
6. Serve soup warm with cooked bacon and shredded parmesan cheese on top. Garnish with parsley.
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup Recipe - easy and effortless to make, this soup is light and nutritious, perfectly paired with a sandwich or salad for a healthy lunch or dinner. Kid friendly and ready in under 30 minutes.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes