–butter –olive oil –mushrooms –salt –black pepper –garlic –hyme — optional –white wine or rose –chicken or vegetable stock –water –heavy cream
1. Melt butter in a skillet and add olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and brown for 5 minutes.
2. Season with salt, pepper, add garlic powder (or fresh garlic). If using dried thyme you can add it now or if you use fresh add it at the end.
3. Cook for 1 more minute and add the wine. Stir to deglaze the pan.
4. Add stock and cornstarch, mixed with water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, witting frequently, until thickened. Add heavy cream and simmer for additional 5 minutes, until thick and creamy.
5. Add more salt and pepper of needed. Serve.
Easy to make, homemade creamy mushrooms sauce, perfect for pasta, steak, meatballs, pork chops, roasts, , chicken or veggies. Made with simple ingredients, thickened with cornstarch.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes