– 1 spaghetti squash — medium – salt and pepper to taste – 2 tbsp olive oil For the sauce: – 6-8 oz cooked chicken — shredded or cut into small pieces – 2 tbsp butter – 1/2 tsp garlic powder – 1 tsp corn starch — optional – 1 1/2 cups heavy cream – 1/2 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper – pinch nutmeg — optional, ground – 1/3 cup parmesan cheese – 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking dish with foil. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, season the inside with 1 tbsp olive oil each, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the boats cut side down and roast for 45-50 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and carefulli using a fork shred to get the noodles.
3. In the mean time prepare the Alfredo sauce. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, salt, pepper, corn starch, (nutmeg, optional) and stir.
4. Add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute and reduce the heat to low. Add the Parmesan. Cook until the sauce thickens. Add the chicken, cook for 1 minute.
5. Turn the oven to broil at 400 F.
6. Divide the sauce between both spaghetti squash boats. Top with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on the dish, until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb, Keto – simple and very easy to make, low carb pasta dish, loaded with flavors and low on carbs.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes