– 2 lb boneless beef chuck roast — or stew meat – 3 tbsp Vegetable oil — divided – 1/2 cup Red Wine — optional – 2 cupsBeef or vegetable stock – 3 cloves Fresh garlic - pressed or minced – 1 1/2 cup Carrots – 1 onion — chopped – 1 lb Potatoes — cut into bite sized pieces (any potatoes of your choice will work) – 1 cup Peas — optional - I used peas, that were previously frozen. – 1/2 cup Tomato sauce – 1 tsp Salt — + more to taste – 1/2 tsp Black Pepper – 1 tsp Dried Thyme – 1 Bay Leaf – 1 tbsp Cornstarch – 1 tbsp cold Water
1. Set the Instant Pot to “Saute”.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil. Wait until it says hot.
3. Season the beef pieces with salt and pepper. Cook in batches for 2 minutes per side until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add more oil and the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add the carrots, cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add in the potatoes, peas, more salt, black pepper, thyme, bay leaf, beef stock (or vegetable stock), tomato sauce and wine.
7. Cancel the “Saute” option.
8. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
9. Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes, then allow for 15 minutes of natural release. After that release the remaining pressure manually.
10. Add in the cornstarch mixed with cold water. Stir, then set the Instant Pot to “Saute” and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thickened.
Beef Stew Recipe Instant Pot – this is seriously the best way to make a delicious stew with beef in the Instant Pot. A few simple ingredients and you can make this hearty and flavorful family meal.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE RECIPE
Simple, Low-Carb and Keto recipes