Tomato Basil Soup
|Tomato Basil Soup|
It’s time to share with you another soup recipe today.
|Creamy Tomato Basil Soup|
Flavorful Tomato Basil Soup
- 4 large tomatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter (can use olive oil)
- 4 basil leaves for the soup + 4 basil leaves for garnishing
- 1 cup cream (can use milk)
- 3 cups chicken stock (can substitute with water and chicken bullion)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
Set a large sauce pan over medium heat and add butter. Sauté onion until tender. Add carrot and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add sliced tomatoes,black pepper, thyme, oregano,basil leaves and chicken stock and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat , stirring frequently. Add sugar.
Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Return soup to the pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and mix in the heavy cream (or milk). You can run soup through a strainer before serving.
Serve warm garnished with fresh basil.