Three Color Marble Bundt Cake Recipe
Three Color Marble Bundt Cake Recipe – white, yellow and brown, three colors in this cool and delicious bundt cake. Great for Mother’s Day!
Happy May 1st (International Workers’ Day)!
This Three Color Marble Bundt Cake Recipe is one of my favorite childhood cakes. It is very easy to make, with ingredients you probably have in your pantry and fridge.
This cake is the perfect company for a cup of tea or coffee. You can also make it for any party, potluck or for Mother’s Day brunch.
There are two different textures in it – a light and fluffy yellow cake and spongy and a little denser white cake, separated by a layer of cocoa.
And the result looks beautiful – a marble cake. It is perfect for any party or holiday gathering. It lasts 3 days at room temperature, just make sure you wrap it in plastic wrap.
Some people find the white cake a little too spongy, but I personally think it tastes amazing. It is great for breakfast or dessert.
This Three Color Marble Bundt Cake Recipe produces a cake, that is relatively small.
I used my Nordic Ware Anniversary bundt panNordic Ware Anniversary bundt pan and the batter filled just half of it.
The trick to make the yellow and white layers, separated by a cocoa swirl it to separate egg whites and egg yolks. Then you beat egg yolks with half of the sugar and ehh whites with the remaining sugar.
You add flour + baking powder to both mixtures. Start filling the bundt pan with half of the yellow mixture, then dust with cocoa powder on top, add the white mixture, dust with cocoa powder and top with the rest of the yellow cake.
Bake, cool and dust with powdered sugar. Very simple, yet impressive!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar , divided
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour , divided
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract , divided
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. (You can use a spray with flour in it).
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup of sugar for 4-5 minutes, until pale and thick. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla, beat to combine.
- Add oil and water, beat to combine. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the flour-baking powder mixture and beat to incorporate.
- Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup of sugar until stiff peaks (4 minutes). Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- Add 1/2 of the flour and fold it into the egg whites using a rubber spatula. Make sure flour is well incorporated.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg yolk batter and spread it on the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Sift 1 tbsp cocoa powder on top.
- Add the egg white batter on top. Spread using a spatula.
- Sift 1 tbsp of cocoa powder over it.
- Add the remaining 1/2 of the egg yolk batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the yellow part of the cake, comes out clean. Cool inside the pan for 5-10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, before serving.