This recipe for stuffed mushrooms is perfect for an appetizer. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and doesn’t take a huge amount of time to make it. If you are interested, here is the recipe:
- 10 medium white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (any cheese you like)
- 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (175C). Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove stems and clean mushrooms with damp towel. (You can wash them if you feel cleaning with damp towel isn't enough )
- Chop mushroom stems. In a medium sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat and cook stems for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, bacon and pickles. Add salt, pepper and basil and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Season mushrooms with some salt before stuffing. Line them on the baking sheet and stuff with enough of the prepared stuffing.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Add shredded cheese on top and bake for a few more minutes until cheese melts.