Strawberry Nectarine Mojito
Strawberry Nectarine Mojito – simple, sweet and delicious cocktail just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Hi my friends, Happy Thursday!
It is this time of the year – chocolates everywhere, red and pink decorations and red velvet desserts. Love is definitely in the air.
I’ve never felt the need to celebrate this holiday, because I think that if you are in a happy relationship, every day should feel like Valentine’s Day! Of course this is just my opinion and you don’t need to agree with it.
We still have no plans for February 14, but I might be baking a flourless chocolate cake on Sunday.
If you are looking for Valentine’s Day dessert ideas, I’ll be linking some recipes at the end of the post.
Now about this Strawberry Nectarine Mojito. It is bubbly and refreshing, packed with sweet strawberries and white flesh nectarines. I don’t know why, but I’m even more obsessed with fresh fruit in the winter than in the warmer months.
I’ll be honest, I made this cocktail for myself and some guests we had last week. My “Valentine” isn’t into cocktails like me, he prefers beer or scotch.
You can definitely skip the alcohol and serve this drink like a virgin mojito. It still tastes great!
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 2 limes + more for garnishing
- 1 large white flesh nectarine
- 6 large strawberries + more for garnishing
- 16 mint leaves + more for garnishing
- 4 oz white rum
- soda water
- Slice nectarine and strawberries. Place in a bowl. Add juice from 2 limes, simple syrup and mint leaves. Muddle for 1-2 minutes, until juices are released from the fruit. Strain mixture and discard the flesh.
- Fill 2 tall glasses with ice. Divide mixture between two glasses. Add 2 oz of rum to each glass. Add sliced strawberries and some mint leaves for garnishing. Top with soda water.
- Garnish with nectarine slices. Serve immediately.
Valentine’s Day Recipes