Strawberry Gin And Tonic
Strawberry Gin And Tonic – a sweet and refreshing cocktail made with fresh strawberries, pink gin, tonic water and ice. Perfect for parties and celebrations. Quick and easy to make, festive with an “alcohol-free” option. A twist on a popular summer cocktail – Gin&Tonic.
The ultimate summer drink, made with just 3 ingredients + ice.
All you need is Pink Gin, Regular tonic water and fresh strawberries.
It looks like a girly drink, but I’m pretty sure men will like it, too.
Summer is the perfect time of the year to enjoy cocktails like this.
They may get pretty pricey at restaurant and bars, so I recommend trying to make it at home.
The recipe is foolproof, just gather your ingredients, get a cocktail glass and a bar/long handled spoon.
What is pink gin? Have you tried it? It appears that pink gin isn’t something new.
“Pink gin was historically used to reference a type of cocktail made fashionable in England in the mid-19th century, consisting of Plymouth gin and a dash of Angostura bitters, a dark red bitters that makes the whole drink pinkish in color.
In recent years, the term Pink gin has also been used to define a specific category of gin where a range of fruits and flavorings are infused into the gin to give it a pink color.
There are many different brands on the market, that offer a lot of flavor and color shade pink gin variations.
You can also use this spirit in different cocktails.
Today I’m sharing a very basic, straightforward cocktail idea using pink gin and regular tonic.
How to make Strawberry Gin And Tonic?
- Fresh Strawberries – washed and sliced
- Pink Gin – such as Beefeater, Malfy, Kyro or Gordon’s. I really don’t want to recommend a specific brand, because there are so many different options and most of them are good. While I love making cocktails at home, I’m not an experienced bartender. I just make them for my family and friends. So choose according to your budget and taste.
Fill a Balloon Glass with 1 cup of ice.
Add the sliced strawberries.
Next add pink gin and top with tonic.
Garnish with mint.
How to garnish?
I just used mint for garnishing, but the options are quite a few.
Add lemon rinds, lemon or lime slices.
Garnish with thyme or rosemary, to complement the gin flavors.
- How to serve this pink gin and tonic cocktail? What are the best glasses to use for serving? Gin balloons or Copa glasses are the most authentic to use for serving a frizzy gin tonic cocktail. If you don’t have suck glasses, any tall glass will work. For garden parties, use reusable plastic or paper cups. There are summer options available, where you get a cocktail glass, when purchasing a bottle of gin from certain brands.
- Can you use pink tonic? Have you seen the pink (berry) tonic water offered by Schweppes? It is sweet and frizzy, a little to sweet to me. The question is – can you use pink gin and pink tonic in the same cocktail? You certainly could, but the drink may become way too sweet. If this is what you like, go ahead. My rule is – for best results either use pink gin and regular tonic water, of pink tonic and regular plain gin like Malfy or Tanqueray.
- Can you make this cocktail in advance? No! You should make the drink right before serving, because it tastes best this way.
- Use any other berries to make this drink, if you don’t have or don’t like strawberries.
Strawberry Gin and Tonic Mocktail?
Yes, it is possible to make the drink without alcohol. If this is what you are looking for, feel free to use “Alcohol-free” gin.
There are several brands on the market.
I personally have never tried it.
Want to dry more alcohol-free cocktails? Check these out:
- Cider Pomegranate Refresher
- Sparkling Melon Ball Sangria – made with alcohol-free sparkling wine
- Berry Hibiscus Iced Tea Lemonade Refresher
More cocktail recipes:
Strawberry Gin and Tonic
- 50 ml pink gin
- 150 ml tonic — could use pink tonic
- 1/2 cup ice
- Lemon slice
- 4 strawberries — sliced
- Other Berries for serving — optional
Add ice to a glass.
Slice strawberries and ad to the glass.
Pour the gin and add the tonic on top. Garnish with lemon slice, more berries and mint (optional).