This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Moist, delicious and flavorful slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches. So simple to make in your slow cooker.
Hey guys, happy Friday! Ready for a fun weekend? I rarely post a pork recipe, but if you didn’t know I love pulled pork sandwiches and particularly these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches! And I don’t have them as often as I would like.
Pulled pork requires minimal effort to make, especially if you make it in a slow cooker. I do have a go-to recipe, which I use most of the time, it is my pulled pork carnitas recipe.
But I’ve been experimenting and testing some other pulled pork recipes, one of which I’m sharing today. You can definitely experiment with the seasonings, too. After the slow cooker does its magic, you’ll be surprised with the results.
I don’t even like to crisp the pork like I do in my pulled pork carnitas recipe.
After the meat is cooked, I shred it with fork and mix it with some barbecue sauce, before I add it to the sandwiches. You can garnish the sandwiches with cabbage, lettuce, add tomatoes, hot peppers and even cheese. I just used purple cabbage and arugula this time. I also used brioche buns.
I love making pulled pork sandwiches on the weekends. They are perfect for a lazy meal or even a party!
Are you ready for Super Bowl? I’ll link to some recipes and the end of the post! Remember, cook whet you love and that is easier for you! Game day is to have fun, not to be spent cooking!
Have a great weekend!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, , fat trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 orange juice
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato concentrate, , mixed with 4 tbs water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
For the sandwiches:
- sandwich buns
- shredded cabbage
- salt, , olive oil and apple cider vinegar to season the cabbage
- barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and oregano. Rub pork with the mixture of spices. Rub with brown sugar.
- Place meat in the slow cooker. Add garlic, bay leaf, pour juice, chicken stock and tomato concentrate.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Remove meat and transfer to a cutting board. Using 2 forks shred the meat. Transfer back to the slow cooker to keep the meat juicy.
- Once ready to make the sandwiches, combine meat with some barbecue sauce.
- Season cabbage with salt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Assemble sandwiches, placing the cabbage and arugula on the bottom and meat on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
You Might Also Like: