Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Pumpkin Risotto Recipe – creamy and full of fall flavors. One pot meal, made with canned pumpkin on the stove top. Ready in 30 minutes.
How was everyone’s weekend? Ready for Thanksgiving? I sure am! I’ll be away and can’t wait to have some rest 🙂 I hope it isn’t too late for a pumpkin recipe, like this pumpkin risotto.
I totally forgot to post this last month.
I like risotto, because it is very easy to make, does not require a lot of time and it keeps me full (usually!).
Perfect for a fall weeknight dinner.
I’m pretty sure you have almost all the ingredients needed at home.
Pumpkin puree, arborio rice, chicken broth, wine and Parmesan cheese.
If you hapenned to have some fresh sage, it would be great! It does bring great flavor
I like my risotto with mushrooms, but I had to stop myself from adding them here.
The dish is pretty good without them.
Just add a generous amount of freshly shaved Parmesan cheese..
Hope you like it!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 garlic clove , pressed
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine of your choice
- 2 leaves fresh sage + more for garnishing
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 - 2 cups water (alternatively skip the water and use chicken broth instead, I just don't want the chicken flavor to be overpowering in the dish)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a deep saucepan, over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, unti tender.
- Add rice. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Slowly start to add the chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until liquid is absorbed.
- Once you've added all the broth, start adding water, 1/4 cuo at a time, stirring frequently, cooking until it is absorbed. Add 1- 1 1/2 cups water and test if the rice is cooked. If not, add more water.
- Once rice becomes tender and creamy, add pumpkin puree. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve warm, topped with the remaining cheese and fresh sage.
You may also like: