This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pomegranate Mojito Cocktail – refreshing, with healthy antioxidants this would make a great holiday drink.
How was your weekend?
Ready to say “Goodbye” to 2014 and say “Hello” to the new year?
Although I’m still in a holiday mood, I found some time to make mojitos.
Mojitos are my favorite drinks to make by far.
I know that most people connect them with the summer and going to the beach, but I can have them any time of the year. With pomegranates in season now, it was the perfect time to make a pomegranate mojito cocktail. I’ve been waiting for the perfect time to make this drink and after my Original Lime, Strawberry and Watermelon Mojito recipes I shared last summer, I thought this could make a nice New Year’s Eve drink.
I love sweet cocktails like this pomegranate one, which I prepared with fresh pomegranate seeds and simple syrup. Of course rum, lime juice mint and some ice.
For this particular cocktail I used lime flavored Perrier sparkling water, but unflavored soda or sparkling water works awesome.
This is not a classic Mojito recipe, that’s why I’m not using brown sugar, instead I prefer making my mojitos with simple syrup. This way it tastes so much better, sweeter and flavors are well balanced.
And another fun fact about me – I love making Mojito in a tall glass and refuse to drink it from a short one. I like this drink in size “large”.
It is pretty, festive, sweet and flavorful. Very sparkly and if you skip the rum, it will make a great mocktail (virgin mojito).
I hope you enjoy it! Very simple and quick to make, perfect for a party.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar). And I have a very exciting Giveaway going on: Pay Your Holiday Bills Worldwide Giveaway ($700 Paypal Cash or Amazon).
Pomegranate Mojito Cocktail
For the simple Syrup:
- (If you'd like to make your own simple syrup, this recipe makes around 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Mojito:
- 8 fresh mint leaves, ( plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz Bacardi white rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1 cup ice, (might need more)
- soda water, (I used lime flavored Perrier)
- Prepare simple syrup, by combining 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and bringing it to a boil. Stir to let sugar dissolve and remove from heat. Let syrup cool.
- In a sturdy glass add mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, lime juice, rum and simple syrup. With a muddles or a wooden spoon, muddle to extract juices from mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Add ice to the glass and top with soda water. Garnish with more pomegranate seeds, mint leaves or lime wedges.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.