One Pot Chicken And Rice
One Pot Chicken And Rice – chicken thighs over rice and mushrooms. Easy, tasty and nutritious, I can probably eat it every day! Well, I don’t get to make it every day, but I’m glad I did today!
I often make one pot chicken and rice or potatoes, but I usually use chicken drumsticks.
This time I had some boneless skinless chicken thighs and decided to use them instead. The result turned out fantastic! What’s not to like? Chicken, rice, mushrooms and some carrots. Extremely easy and fast to prepare. And you most likely have all the ingredients to make it at come.
Another great weeknight dinner. It is also very easy to reheat in the oven or microwave and you can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I usually like to make this kind of meal in an oven safe skillet, but this time I made it in a fancier baking dish, which worked out great.
It is still winter here in Chicago, so it is the perfect time to cook some warm and hearty meals.
So I first season the chicken with some salt, pepper, parsley and paprika and cook it in a skillet on the stove top for 5 minutes per side until browned and crispy. This way I ensure that the outside is browed and the inside of the chicken can continue cooking in the oven. Then I sautee onions, carrots and mushrooms, combine them with rice and chicken stock and lay the chicken on top. Then I bake everything on 400 F for 30-40 minutes.
(Sorry guys, this is a one pot meal, just my skillet was too big and I was not going to be able to take good pictures, that’s why I transferred everything to this baking dish. But you can cook everything in a skillet).
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 cups white rice (Jasmine is fine)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an oven safe skillet / pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and parsley. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side and then transfer to a plate.
- In the same pot sauté onions, carrots and mushrooms for 5 minutes on medium heat, until tender.
- Add rice and chicken stock, stir to combine.
- Place chicken on top and bake at 400 F for 30-40 minutes, or until rice and chicken are cooked.