This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Keto Stuffed Peppers With Cauliflower Rice Recipe – simple, low-carb meal, made with bell peppers, ground beef and cauliflower rice. Quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious!
These Keto stuffed peppers are require a few simple ingredients and 40 minutes to make.
Swap the regular rice with grated culiflower and you have the perfect low-carb meal, great for kids and adults.
How to make Keto stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice?
All you need to do is either make the cauliflower rice or purchase a bag of it at the store.
I’ve seen both refrigerated shredded cauliflower and frozen cauliflower rice.
Making it yourself is easy and inexpensive.
Then brown the ground beef with some seasoning (I used salt, pepper, garlic, onion, add tomato sauce and the cauliflower rice.
Cook for 5 minutes, then fill peppers with the mixture.
Place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the peppers are cooked and soft on the outside.
Why make Keto Stuffed Peppers?
If you are on the keto diet, or just like to experiment with low carb recipes, this keto stuffed bell peppers recipe is for you.
It is also great for veggie lovers, who don’t have any rice on hand.
My child loved the idea of cauliflower rice and so do I.
I have a question – do you always eat your bell peppers or you just eat the stuffing?
I’m the one who almost never eats the peppers…
I just eat the rice and meat…
So what’s the point of making keto stuffed bell peppers, when I can only make the stuffing?
Well the dish is more fun and looks prettier!
Also the cauliflower rice accumulates some flavor from the peppers and tastes amazing!
Wondering how to make cauliflower rice? Check this Cauliflower Fried Rice Post.
What kind of meat to use for Keto stuffed peppers?
If you prefer, you can use ground pork, ground chicken or turkey, instead of ground beef.
I personally prefer ground beef or a combination of ground beef and ground pork (meatloaf mix).
Also I’ve seen recipes where chorizo or Italian sausage is used, instead of ground beef.
Chorizo is a little too spicy to me, so if I use it in a recipe like this, I’d mix it with some ground beef.
You can add more spices to the cauliflower ground beef mixture – like turmeric, paprika, oregano or cumin, to taste.
This Keto Stuffed Peppers With Cauliflower Rice Recipe is a simple, effortless every day meal and great for meal prepping.
Do you have to parboil bell peppers when making stuffed peppers?
Yes, if you’d like the peppers to be soft and to be able to peel off the skin after baking, I suggest that you parboil the bell peppers, before you stuff them.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut off the stems of peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in the boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes, then take out carefully. Stuff peppers with cauliflower rice.
How long to bake cauliflower rice stuffed peppers in the oven for?
Bake at 375 F for 30minutes covered, then uncover and bake for additional up to 30 minutes for soft peppers.
SOME READERS HAVE REPORTED THAT THIS BAKING TIME IS NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM. PLEASE BAKE FOR UP TO 1 HOUR TOTAL FOR SOFT AND MUSHY PEPPERS, THAT ERE EASY TO PEEL. EVERYONE’R TASTE IS DIFFERENT AND YOU DO NEED TO BAKE THE PEPPERS LONGER THAT I SUGGESTED FOR SOFT PEPPERS.
Keto Stuffed Peppers With Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 4 bell peppers, large
- salt+pepper to taste to season the peppers on the inside
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp oregano, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375-400F.
- Wash peppers, cut off the tops, remove the seeds and reserve the tops. Season peppers on the inside with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add ground beef, half of the salt and pepper, oregano and cook for 5 minutes, until the meat is browned. Add tomato sauce and cauliflower rice. Add the remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Taste the mixture. Add more salt if needed.
- Divide stuffing between all 4 peppers. Place the tops over each pepper. Cover with foil, bake for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 10-30 minutes, until the peppers are soft and fully cooked. (depends on how soft you prefer them and how fast your oven can reach this doneness).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOME READERS HAVE REPORTED THAT THIS BAKING TIME IS NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM. PLEASE BAKE FOR UP TO 1 HOUR TOTAL FOR SOFT AND MUSHY PEPPERS, THAT ERE EASY TO PEEL. EVERYONE'R TASTE IS DIFFERENT AND YOU DO NEED TO BAKE THE PEPPERS LONGER THAT I SUGGESTED FOR SOFT PEPPERS.
- You can remove the tops and add cheese on top of each pepper or serve them as they are.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.