Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar
Ever wonder how to make a Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar, a fun and festive holiday gift? It actually is pretty easy, all you need is cocoa, sugar, powdered milk and toppings like mini marshmallows and crushed candy canes (toppings are totally optional).
You can purchase pretty much anything from the store these days, like high end chocolates, wine, nice clothes, toys and whatever you can think of for the holidays.
But I truly value handmade, homemade gifts, that come from the heart. I’m the type of person who loves crafts and also creating stuff, so edible or let’s say drinkable holiday presents like this Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar are right up my alley.
All you need to to make this Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar is a 16 oz jar with a lid (I use Ball jars), unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar (regular could be used, too!), powdered milk (easy to find in most grocery stores) and topping like mini marshmallows. I also added crushed candy canes to the topping, but you can also use festive holiday sprinkles, crushed candy of your choice, chocolate chips or even chopped chocolate.
To be able to enjoy a nice, thick and sweet cup of hot chocolate is to add some hot water to the mix. A 16 0z jar makes 2 generous cups of festive and super delicious holiday hot chocolate.
I also added fun holiday stickers (snowflakes, I got at my local crafts store) and tied a ribbon under the lid of the jar, so it looks just like an expensive store bought Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar. But it really is homemade! This is what matters!
Making this Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar could be a fun activity to make with your kids or grandkids.
I’ve always loved hot chocolate, but for some reason I rarely make it at home. Surprisingly this winter I decided to enjoy more homemade hot cocoa. I’ve made it with coconut milk, cow’s milk or white chocolate, whatever I had on hand.
Why did I make this Hot Cocoa Mix In A Jar with powdered milk? I have memories form my childhood making hot chocolate using powdered milk, it was tasty! I recently tried making it again and truly believe that this is the best way to make it, especially of you are making an edible (drinkable ) gift. If you just want to make hot cocoa at home, you can definitely use regular milk, cocoa powder and sugar, you know!
- 6 tbsp powdered milk
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini Marshmallows
- 2 tbsp crushed candy caned
- In a 16 oz jar layer the powdered milk, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Top with the candy canes and marshmallows. Close the lid and decorate with a ribbon and holiday stickers (optional).
- For 1 cup of hot cocoa, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Carefully remove the marshmallows and crushed candy canes from the jar.
- Mix the contents of the jar together. Add about 1/2 cup of the mix to 1 1/4 cup of boiling water, whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute, them pour into a mug. Top with marshmallows and candy canes. Enjoy!
Other Fun Holiday Gifts In a Jar You May Like: