The recipe I’m sharing with you today is just another version of the popular Greek salad. This is not a recipe for authentic Greek Salad.
I make this salad very often and I love the combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and greek dressing. Lettuce also created a nice texture. The different colored vegetables go very well together. By the way Greek salad dressing is one of my favorites.
You can have this salad as a light meal, but I personally prefer it as a side salad, since there is no meat in it.
I don’t think authentic Greek salad is supposed to have any lettuce in it, but I did use chopped Artisan lettuce, for extra crispiness. It made the salad very light and fresh.
Capers are optional, but Kalamata olives are recommended, if you like them.
For my greek salad dressing I used olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 cups chopped lettuce — (i used Artisan mix lettuce)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half — (can use tomatoes of your choice)
- 4 Parisian cucumbers sliced
- 1/3 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese — , or 2 slices of feta on the side
- 1 tbsp capers — (optional)
- Dressing: 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare dressing combining olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix together chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, olives and capers.
- Pour dressing over salad and give it a toss. Add crumbled blue cheese on top, or serve a slice of feta on the side.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 281, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 2255mg, Potassium: 1260mg, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 16g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin A: 41.7%, Vitamin C: 38%, Calcium: 32.5%, Iron: 15.9%