Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe – simple, light, sweet and refreshing drink, made in two minutes with just five simple ingredients. Perfect for summer!
It is watermelon season and by far my favorite time of the year! The weather is hot and humid around here, but knowing that this is not gonna last forever, I love it! That’s why I like to make hydrating drinks like this Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe.
But honestly, to me – watermelon is a great fruit to enjoy year round, if you can find it at the supermarket.
Watermelon it the perfect fruit for summer. Juicy and refreshing, perfect for on the go snack. We go to picnics with my son all the time and I always pack a container with sliced watermelon. It helps us beat the heat.
I also been making myself a watermelon smoothie to pour into my favorite on the go cup and take in the car. This is why today I’m sharing this Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe with you.
Watermelon is also perfect for drinks, salads and smoothies. You may be asking yourself, can watermelon be used in a smoothie? Absolutely! It is perfect for summer smoothies. You may use it fresh or frozen.
It is great for salads and appetizers, too!
Watermelon is a perfect ingredient for on-the-go meals and snacks!
These watermelon feta bites are my favorite.
You can also blend just watermelon slices and make watermelon water. It is naturally sweet and super fresh! Great for hydration!
This Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe usually makes my mid morning or afternoon snack, that keeps me full and hydrated. It is perfect to take to the pool or in the car on the go.
In this Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe I used fresh watermelon slices, frozen strawberries, hemp seeds, lime juice (optional) and almond milk. I’ve also tried this recipe by adding just a little bit of yogurt and it tastes amazing!
- fresh watermelon slices
- frozen strawberries
- hemp seeds (or chia seeds), they add thickness and protein
- Almond milk – it adds some thickness as well. This is a watermelon smoothie with milk.
- lime juice – adds a little zing
- sweetener – I never use a sweetener, but I understand that some people would like their smoothies more sweet. Use a sweetener of your choice.
What sweetener to use in a smoothie?
Anything from dates, regular sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, liquid Stevia or erythritol could be used to sweeten this smoothie.
Why make a smoothie with watermelon?
Because I usually have watermelon at home all summer long. I get bored from using it for just snacking. It makes a great, light homemade drinks.
This Easy Watermelon Smoothie recipe is relatively low calorie.
How to make this Easy Watermelon Smoothie ?
You place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into a glass or a to go cup and enjoy!
Can you make this recipe without a blender?
No, you can’t. Blender is required to make its texture nice and smooth.
More healthy drinks
- Healthy Green Lemonade from Perchance to Cook – refreshing, vitamin-filled and hydrating drink.
- Keto Smoothie – creamy, loaded with nutritious ingredients like coconut milk, avocado and berries, this smoothie is very easy to make, filling and delicious.
- Turmeric Papaya Smoothie – a healthy and delicious flavor combination.
- This Watermelon Mint Juice from Clean Eating Kitchen is easy to make and refreshing summertime beverage.
Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
- 5 cups fresh watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds — chia seeds could be used
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- sweetener of your choice
Place all ingredient in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 121, Fat: 4g, Sodium: 43mg, Potassium: 284mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 1120%, Vitamin C: 41.4%, Calcium: 73%, Iron: 1.7%
More Watermelon Recipes: