Easy Roasted Broccoli
Easy Roasted Broccoli Recipe – one of the easiest ways to prepare broccoli, that does not taste boring. Tender on the inside, golden and crispy on the outside.
I still can’t make my kids eat broccoli, not even these roasted ones, unless they are in a soup with lots of cheese.
These are perfect as a side dish, healthy lunch or dinner and to be served at parties and celebrations. Golden, crunchy and tasty florets, that you can eat straight of the pan. Gluten-free and Keto friendly.
Roasting broccoli in the oven
Cooking broccoli in the oven is quick and foolproof. You can top the already cooked broccoli with toppings of your choice (like chili flakes, nutritional yeast, Parmesan cheese or sesame seeds) and serve them as a side dish. Add these to salads, pastas or grain (grain-free) bowls.
How to make?
- Broccoli (fresh, not frozen)
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Toppings (optional) – Chili flakes, Parmesan cheese, Sesame Seeds, tahini, hot sauce or Nutritional yeast
How to bake
All you need to do is place them on a baking sheet, liked with parchment paper (or aluminum foil), drizzle with olive oil (vegetable or seed oil will work, too), season with salt and pepper and roast at 400 F (200 C) for 20-22 minutes. Stir them 2-3 times, to help them cook on all sides.
- Cooking time may vary. It depends on the size of the broccoli florets, type of pan and oven used and of course how you prefer the broccoli cooked. It takes anywhere between 18 and 25 minutes at 400 F (200 C) to cook broccoli on the oven.
- Toppings are optional, besides the mentioned above, you can drizzle with balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
- Frozen broccoli? I have not tried this recipe with frozen broccoli. I’d guess it will work, but broccoli should be defrosted, well dried and cooking time may take a little longer for a crunchy outside.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Spinach and mushroom breakfast quinoa bowl
- Sumac chicken kebabs quinoa bowls
- Stove Top Chicken Thighs
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Stove Pork Chops
More Broccoli Recipes:
Easy Roasted Broccoli
- 1 head — 3-4 cups/12 oz broccoli florets
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings - chili flakes — grated Parmesan Cheese, sesame seeds, lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash and pat dry broccoli florets.
Place on the baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. (You can add garlic powder, too).
Roast broccoli for 18-22 minutes, until browned around the edges.
Add toppings. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.