Easy Baileys Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Easy Baileys Chocolate Mousse Recipe – a boozy dessert for chocolate lovers. No bake sweet treat.
Made with Baileys Irish Cream. Just in time for St Patrick’s Day!
Chocolate Mousse is one of my favorite desserts.
What about Baileys? I like this whiskey and cream based liqueur. I rarely buy it though.
But when I do, I often make a chocolate martini or this Easy Baileys Chocolate Mousse.
If you are not a fan of alcohol and Baileys, you might want to just make a regular chocolate mousse. Baileys is what makes this dessert unique!
Love the flavor it adds.
This Easy Baileys Chocolate Mousse is set with gelatin.
No egg yolks or complicated pastry making techniques required.
All you need it – chocolate, Baileys Irish cream, heavy whipping cream, gelatin and water. Only five ingredients and some patience to wait until it sets.
This is the perfect holiday dessert, if you are a fan of desserts in a cup, just like me.
This Baileys chocolate mousse makes a delicious cake filling, too. Can’t wait to use it in a cake.
I topped it with some fine chocolate shavings, but you can also add some whipped cream on top.
My inspiration for this Easy Baileys Chocolate Mousse Recipe was a box of Baileys Chocolate Candy I spotted at the store.
They tasted amazing! I almost ate the whole box, then I thought it is time for a Baileys inspired dessert.
I don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day regularly, but I love the food and green beer served.
I also live in the suburbs of Chicago, which is famous for it’s Downtown Parade and the dyeing of the Chicago River green.
What is your favorite boozy dessert?
- 3/4 cup Baileys , divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream , divided
- 200 grams / 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a smal saucepan, heat 1/4 cup Baileys and 1/4 cup heavy cream. When it starts to boil, remove from heat immediately.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and pour the hot liquid on top. Let it sit for 1 minute, then stir to incorporate. Stir constantly, until smooth and glossy. Let it cool completely to room temperature. (This is your chocolate ganache).
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- When the chocolate ganache has cooled, pour heavy cream into a bowl.
- Add chocolate ganache. Beat for 3 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- With the mixer running on slow speed, slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup Baileys.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave tor 30-45 seconds, or on a double boiler.
- Add gelatin to the mousse, with the mixer running on slow speed.
- Divide mixture between 6 (3 oz) cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with chocolate shavings or whipped cream on top.
You May Also Like: