This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cream Tart With Graham Cracker Crust – simple and quick to make, this dessert is perfect for summer. Light, fruity and very delicious. Effortless, but impressive dessert for your summer gatherings.
This Cream Tart With Graham Cracker Crust is made with the lightened up pastry cream that I shared with you yesterday. All you need to do is make a graham cracker tart crust, which is super easy, fill it with pastry cream and top with fresh berries.
This is the kind of dessert, you can either make a day in advance, or even the same day. The pastry cream needs 2 hours to set, but there have been times, when I’m just impatient and just cut the cream tart right away.
This Cream Tart With Graham Cracker Crust is a dessert I often make in the summer.
Costco sells a similar dessert (a lot bigger!), that sells around the summer holidays. When my husband asked me if I wanted him to get one of their “cream pies”, my answer was ??? No! I’m planning to make a cream tart.
This is not your typical tart shell, used in store bought berry tarts. It is so much easier to make. Made with 3 ingredients – graham crackers, sugar and butter. If you don’t feel like making it, you can definitely use a store bought graham cracker pie crust.
Since I’m making my lightened up pastry cream from scratch, I simply can’t use a store bought crust. I love the taste and smell of homemade graham cracker crust. It is so much better that the store bought. Great ingredients always make a difference.
I used a 9″ tart pan with a removable bottom.
I wanted to mention, that this Cream Tart With Graham Cracker Crust is partly “no bake”.
The graham cracker crust is baked for 12 minutes, but then the filling and topping are no bake.
For the topping, feel free to use your favorite fruit (berries), that are in season. I used blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi.
You can probably see that I brushed the fruit on top of this cream tart with gelatin glaze, to keep them fresh and glossy. It is fairly simple to make, all you need is simple syrup and gelatin. The amount of glaze, that this recipe makes is enough for 20 tarts. You can keep it in the fridge (it will be gelified), and warm it up to melt if you need it in the next few weeks. Otherwise you should show it away.
This cream tart will make a great Patriotic dessert for holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day.
It also makes the perfect, light and fresh family dessert for a summer barbecue or party.
Cream Tart With Graham Cracker Crust
- 10 graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pastry cream
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 kiwi
For the gelatin glaze (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 pack (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
For the graham cracker crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9" tart crust with removable bottom.
- Place the crackers in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Transfer to a bowl and add sugar and buttes. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Transfer the crust mixture to the tart pan and press to the sides (about 2/3 up) and the bottom of it.Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely to a room temperature.
For the gelatin glaze:
Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring to make sure the sugar has dissolved and the liquid reduces its volume by 1/3. Cool to room temperature.
- Warm up the gelatin to liquify, using a double boiler or for 10 seconds in the microwave. Add to the simple syrup.
- Pour pastry cream into the graham cracker crust, filling it almost to the top. You may have left over cream.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Top with berries and kiwi.
- Brush with gelatin glaze and refrigerate for at least 30 more minutes
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.