Cilbir Eggs – Poached Eggs In Yogurt
Cilbir Eggs – Poached Eggs In Yogurt – light, simple and delicious meal made with poached eggs, over yogurt and topped with buttery sauce with paprika and garlic. Flavorful and delicious, perfect fro breakfast, lunch and dinner. Perfect for dieting and weight loss, low-carb and low calorie.
Even though these Cilbir Eggs are mostly known as a “Turkish” recipe, they are widely popular in my home country Bulgaria, also known as Panagurski Eggs. Super easy to make, if you have perfected making poached eggs. The combination of tangy Greek yogurt, runny poached egg and garlicky butter sauce is so good! You can find them on the menu in pretty much every restaurant in Bulgaria.
How to make poached eggs?
This is a tough question, because it took me a while to start making the perfect poached eggs. Actually my husband is the one who makes the best poached eggs and he is usually the one who makes them at home. But since I’m sharing this poached eggs in yogurt sauce recipe with you, I needed to get better and give you some tips on poaching eggs.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pan with water. Add 1 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add vinegar. Crack one egg at a time in a small bowl, add to the hot water. Make sure you place it very close to the water, don’t splash it inside from very far.
- Cook for 3 minutes, until the outside of the egg is white, but the egg yolk is still runny.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the egg, drain the water and use in the recipe.
What ingredients do I need to make Cilbir Eggs?
- white vinegar
- plain Greek yogurt
- garlic or garlic powder
How to make Poached Eggs In Yogurt?
- Prepare shallow bowls or plates and spread room temperature Plain Greek yogurt at the bottom
- Poach eggs, drain well and place on top of the yogurt.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add salt and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add paprika.
- Drizzle butter on top of the eggs.
- Serve immediately
More recipes with eggs:
Cilbir Eggs - Poached Eggs In Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove — minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Prepare shallow bowls or plates and spread room temperature Plain Greek yogurt at the bottom
Poach eggs, drain well and place on top of the yogurt. (Instructions on poaching eggs in the post above)
Melt butter in a pan. Add salt and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add paprika.
Drizzle butter on top of the eggs.
I’ve been wondering what this dish was called, ever since I visited Bulgaria las summer. So glad you posted about it. These taste perfect!