Chicken Kabobs With Mushrooms, Zucchini And Peppers
Chicken Kabobs With Mushrooms, Zucchini And Peppers – perfect for grilling season.
Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Today’s chicken kabobs recipe is great for grilling season. It is for grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs. This spicy marinade makes the meat very tender, and I also added some of my favorite vegetables – zucchini, mushrooms and peppers. The spicy and creamy dipping sauce really puts all flavors together.
- 6 wood skewers soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 6 small baby bella mushrooms
- 2 peppers (can use different colors)
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (can use less if you don't want them too spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped or pressed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- Spicy Dipping sauce:
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp yogurt
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chives (or fresh green garlic)
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients for the marinade together and add meat. Make sure all meat pieces are covered with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to grill kabobs preheat grill to high temperature.
- Thread meat, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms onto skewers alternately.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Place kabobs on preheated grill and cook for at around 15 minutes, turning once, until juices run clear.
- To prepare the sriracha dipping sauce mix together mayo, yogurt, sriracha, lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with some chopped fresh garlic or chives on top.