Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DipYourWay #CollectiveBias
Hi everyone! How is your week going? With the warm weather around here, I’ve found myself spending a lot of time outdoors. I love playing with my dog, going to the beach/pool,biking and hiking. With all these outdoor activities, I often don’t bother cooking dinners that require numerous ingredients and a lot of time to prepare. But you can also easily get bored with grilled meats, veggies and salads. That’s where a simple one pan pasta dish comes in. I prepared this dish using the Kraft Green Onion Dip, which I got at Walmart as a base for the sauce.
This chicken and broccoli pasta bake takes 30 minutes to make and it is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It is creamy, cheesy and countains just the right amount of protein and veggies.
The sauce is sour cream based, so there isn’t a single drop of heavy cream in it.
As I said, the pasta sauce was made with Kraft’s Green Onion Dip, which I got at Walmart. They also have a newly redesigned packaging. If you like snacking, these dips are perfect for you! They are creamy, fresh and taste delicious! Perfect for a summer appetizer – dip in some chips or veggies.
There also are French Onion and Bacon and Cheddar flavors available.
You can find them in the Sour Cream & Dips Refrigerated section of your local Walmart.
For the sauce – just melt some butter in a skillet, then slowly add the content of 1 pack Kraft Green Onion Dip, stirring constantly until warmed up and smooth. Then season with salt and pepper. You can add red pepper flakes, if you like to make the pasta a little spicy. Then stir in chopped cooked chicken, fresh broccoli and cooked penne pasta. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Hope you enjoy this easy one pot pasta bake. If you’d like to try it, head over to Walmart, where you can find the Kraft Dips with newly redesigned packaging.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 12 oz container Kraft Green Onion Dip
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 6 oz chicken breasts , cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley and chives for garnishing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Cook pasta al dente (depending on the instructions on the package. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a oven safe skillet, over medium heat melt butter, then slowly add the content of 1 12 oz container Kraft Green Onion Dip, stirring constantly. One the mixture is smooth, add chicken, broccoli and pasta. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional). Stir to combine.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to the oven - bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Carefully take out of the oven and serve hot. garnish with chopped parsley and chives.