Carrot Cake Cupcakes
|Carrot Cake Cupcakes|
This recipe for carrot cupcakes is great for any time of the year, but the way I decorated them makes them perfect for spring and the coming Easter. If you like carrots, here is a good and easy way to enjoy them.
I just used my favoricarrot layer cake recipe and turned it into cupcake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with paper cupcake cups and set a side.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and add sugar, oil, carrots and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Start adding dry ingredients to the other mixture until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 of the way. I suggest using an ice cream scoop for fling the cups. This way your cupcakes will be the same size.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (15-20 minutes depending on your oven)
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and concessioners sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla extract an mix for1 more minute. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. (They need to be completely cool, before you add the frosting).
- There are multiple and fun ways to decorate carrot cake cupcakes. For this recipe I add red some colorful spring (Easter) sprinkles, which made them look beautiful!