Berry Spritzer Recipe – a cocktail made with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, Campari, Prosecco, ice and sparkling water. Light and refreshing, perfect for a day at the pool or a relaxing summer evening. The drink is made with Campari and Prosecco, so you can also call it “Campari Spritz” or “Prosecco Spritz”.
Light, summery sparkling drink, that is easy to make and tastes amazing.
Helps you stay hydrated during summer, but also comes with a little bit of booze.
Alcohol-free option available in the recipe notes below.
Spritz or Spritzer?
What is spritz and what is spritzer?
Is there a difference between the two, or they are the same thing?
The easiest way to describe “Spritzer” is – a mixture of wine and soda water. But there are many different kinds of spritzers on the market and at restaurants and bars.
The term spritzer refers to a beverage that mixes liquor or wine with seltzer, carbonated water, or sparkling wine.
So the wine can be sparkling or still, you can add different kinds of liquor and natural or artificially carbonated sparkling water.
Spritz vs Spritzer – A spritzer is a mix of wine and sparkling water, whereas a spritz is a mix of sparkling wine, a bitter liqueur and sparkling water (club soda or mineral water) in a 3-2-1 ratio.
So today’s drink is technically a “Spritz”.
How to make berry spritzer cocktail?
- Get your cocktail glasses ready. If you don’t have cocktail glasses on hand, use highball glasses or even plastic cups (for garden/patio) parties.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Add berries.
- Pour the Campari on top, then Prosecco then soda water.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or citrus slices (wedges).
Can you make Berry Spritzer Mocktail?
While this recipe is made with liqueur that contains 28% ABV (which is considered high proof) and Prosecco – about 12% ABV, when you add ice and soda water, you can dilute the cocktail and make it less strong. But is still contains alcohol.
If you are looking for Berry Spritzer Mocktail, that is alcohol-free, you can swap the Campari for any fruit sugar syrup and use alcohol-free sparkling wine or just flavored soda.
- Use berry syrup and alcohol-free sparkling wine for a Berry Spritzer Mocktail.
- You can adapt the recipe to your taste – make is with fresh fruit of your choice. Use other berries, cherries, kiwi or peaches/nectarines.
- Garnishing the cocktail – you can garnish with fresh herbs to make it pretty. Some good choices are – fresh mint (of course!), fresh basil, thyme or rosemary. Other garnishing options are lemon, lime or orange slices.
More Berry Recipes:
- Berry Moscow Mule
- Easy Berry Salsa
- Blackberry Spinach Salad
- Summer White Wine and Berry Sangria
- Blackberry Mojito
Berry Spritzer Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 2 strawberries — sliced
- 4 blackberries
- 4 raspberries
- 0.5 - 1 oz Campari
- 2 oz Sparkling Water
- 3 oz Prosecco
Place ice in a cocktail glass.
Top with Campari, Sparkling Wine and Soda.
Garnish with fresh mint and lemon slices.