Baked Zucchini Chips
Low carb, Keto friendly parmesan Baked Zucchini Chips – easy to make, tasty and low calorie, healthier alternative to regular potato chips.
I’m a huge fan of zucchini, but lately I haven’t been cooking with it as I used to. Trying to rescue these zucchini that have been sitting in my fridge for days, I decided to make this Easy Baked Zucchini Chips with Parmesan.
Since zucchini is 95 % water and relatively low in carbs (1 medium zucchini has 6 grams of carbs and 2 grams of dietary fiber) it is a great vegetable for the low-carb, Keto diet. It cooks fast and can be used in desserts, salads, pastas, soups and main dishes. And last but not least healthy snacks like this low carb zucchini chips.
What ingredients do you need to make this Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips?
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- garlic powder
Both paprika and garlic powder are optional spices, this Parmesan baked zucchini chips will taste amazing if seasoned with just salt and pepper.
How to make baked parmesan zucchini chips?
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash the zucchini, peel if you’d like (I prefer unpeeled zucchini for this recipe).
- Cut zucchini into 5 mm thick rounds. You can use a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife to cut them.
- In a bowl combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil.
- Add the zucchini rounds and toss to evenly coat in seasoning.
- Prepare two cookie baking sheets.
- You can cover the baking sheets with parchment paper, aluminum foil or just spray generously with cooking spray, so they don’t stick. Line zucchini rounds on 2 baking sheets.
- Top zucchini with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
How long to bake zucchini in the oven to make zucchini chips?
Bake seasoned and Parmesan topped zucchini chips at 375 F for 15-17 minutes, until golden on top. Baking time may vary depending on the type of oven, pan and thickness of the zucchini rounds.
How to serve this crunchy zucchini chips?
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchini — sliced into rounds (4-5 mm thickness)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste — optional
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Spray a rimmed baking sheet (you may need 2 baking sheetwith cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
In a bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Add the zucchini and toss to coat.
Line the zucchini over the baking sheet and sprinkle with parmesan on top.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the top is golden.