Baked Apple Chips Nachos Recipe
Baked Apple Chips Nachos Recipe – quick and easy to make, my favorite snack for the season!
Hey guys! I’m back! And I’m happy to finally share a seasonal (apple) recipe with you!
I’ve had a lot of apples in the house, but we ended up eating most of them as they are (no fancy apple desserts!), because I haven’t been able to cook and test new recipes over the last couple of months.
Have you bought apple chips at the store? This homemade one tastes times better, I assure you. It is fairly simple to make, with minimal effort involved.
Even though this chips is good on its own, the baked apple chips nachos is even better.
You just arrange the chips on a plate and top it with delicious ingredients. Caramel sauce is mandatory! I usually use Trader Joe’s caramel sauce, because I’m too lazy to make it myself.
Then add chocolate chips and nuts. I had some salty macadamia nuts, which turned out to be the perfect addition to the nachos. The combination of salty nuts and sweet caramel tastes delicious!
Get some apples and try this Apple Chips Nachos 🙂
BAKED APPLE CHIPS NACHOS RECIPE
- 4 large apples — ( I used a combination of Granny Smith and Gala apples)
- cinnamon for sprinkling — (optional)
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce — (or melted chocolate chips)
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts or any nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 225 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You'll need to work in batches.
- Wash, dry, core (optional) and slice apples into 1/8 inch rounds.
- Line apple slices over parchment paper, leaving at least a few millimeters between them. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional). Bake for 45 minutes. Then turn slices, sprinkle more cinnamon and bake for another 30 -45 minutes (time depends on the thickness and desired crispiness), until crispy and edges are curled.
- Remove from baking sheets and let chips cool.
- Place apple chips on a plate. Top with chocolate and caramel sauce. I only used caramel this time.
- Top with chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 266, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 57mg, Potassium: 266mg, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 33g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 2.3%, Vitamin C: 10.1%, Calcium: 3.4%, Iron: 5.5%