Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
This fresh and light avocado egg salad sandwich is simple to make and perfect for spring.
Happy Monday Guys!
How was your weekend?
By the way, Happy International Women’s Day Ladies! Well it was yesterday, March 8th.
With the weather warming up this weekend (upper 40s around here feels hot!), I’ve found myself in a healthier eating mood.
Light, fresh and ready in under 10 minutes, this avocado egg salad sandwich is perfect for lunch/snack.
I do love homemade egg salad, but ever since I saw a recipe for an avocado egg salad, it has been on my list to try it.
I didn’t even check the ingredients of the one I saw, because I knew exactly what I was making!
Sweeping mayo with mashed avocado is a wonderful way to make a clean egg salad, full of healthy fats and protein. You can either eat it by the spoonful, spread it on toast or make a sandwich like I did. I rarely buy rye bread, but I happened to have some at home this weekend. It paired perfectly with this fresh salad. I just had to toast it a little and spread a generous amount of avocado egg salad in between two slices.
This avocado egg salad is also perfect for post Easter, when you have a lot of left over hard boiled eggs and are wondering what to do with them.
I know – it is easy, not something new, but I felt that sharing it will inspire you to make something different, a little healthier and of course tasty!
This egg salad is best if enjoyed right away, otherwise avocado will turn brown as you may know.
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 3 small or 2 large hard boiled eggs , chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado , cored
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp parsley , dill or chives (optional)
- 8 slices bread
- butter or oil spray (optional)
- In a medium bowl mash avocado. Add onions, lemon (lime) juice, salt, pepper, parsley (dill or chives), and eggs. Mix to combine. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- You can either lightly toast bread in a skillet on the stove top, or toast it in a toaster. If using the skillet method, I suggest to lightly spray skillet with oil (butter) spray, so bread doesn't stick and burn. Spread salad over 1 slice of toasted bread and top with another (slice of bread). Cut in half. Recipe makes enough for about 4 sandwiches (or 8 halves).