Apple Donuts – healthier oven baked apple donuts, that are low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, easy to make and smell like fall! Made with applesauce, Keto sweetener, almond flour and loaded with cinnamon. Made with Organic and Non-GMO ingredients.
This post is sponsored by North Coast Apple Sauce. All opinions are mine alone.
We’ve had a great summer, but apple season is just around the corner. And I’m very excited about it. Falls here are usually nice and warm, so I love picking, eating and cooking with apples.
I’m so happy I got to try a great product from North Coast, which tastes amazing on its own, but also perfect for some of my fall recipes. It is their delicious apple sauce.
100% Organic certified
Non-GMO Project Verified
Using only USA-grown apples
Cleanly produced, with about 50% by solar energy
Fresh pressed, never from concentrate
No added sugar, no preservatives
KSA Kosher certified
Apple Juice: Jump-start your morning with North Coast’s apple juice line, which includes single varietal juices from Honeycrisp, Gala and Gravenstein apples, in bottles that range from 10, 32, 64 and 128 fluid ounces.
Applesauce: North Coast’s applesauce flavors range from traditional cinnamon to tangy apple apricot, apple with berries, strawberries, or even pumpkin spice apple. Their applesauce comes in cups, jars and even convenient pouches, which are perfect for school lunch boxes or for a healthy snack on the go.
Apple Cider: North Coast’s apple cider, spiced apple cider, and pumpkin-spiced apple cider all make the perfect treat, whether enjoyed chilled or warmed up for a cozy moment.
Apple Cider Vinegar is well-known for its wonderful flavor and health aids. Explore the many ways of adding it to your meals and recipes, in order to make the most of its benefits!
North Coast is also hosting a giveaway for a $250 gift card. They’d like to see a recipe you create with their products. More Info here.
Apple sauce is a great substitute for oil in baking and works great in cakes, breads, cookies, pancakes and of course these apple donuts. It produces moist baked goods with a fine crumb.
I enjoy creating clean and healthier, preferably refined sugar free desserts and sweet treats, that’s why I made baked applesauce donuts.
I’m also following a low-carb,sugar-free diet and I mostly cook Keto friendly desserts.
There is no flour or refined sugar in these.
They are made with almond meal and low-carb, Keto sweetener. I used Swerve confectioners, but even Organic powdered white sugar will work.
These apple donuts are perfect for breakfast, with a cup of coffee, but also make a great addition to your lunch box. Kid friendly, too!
North Coast products can be found here:
- And you can check here to see if it is carried in a store near you
What ingredients do you need to make low-carb baked apple donuts?
- North Coast Organic Applesauce
- baking soda
- low-carb sweetener – I used Swerve Powdered
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- Xantan gum
I also made a glaze for these Low-carb, baked apple donuts.
I used just:
- Keto sweetener – Swerve confectioners
- Heavy cream
How to make these easy apple donuts?
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ingredients together with a wire whisk until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Spray a 6 slot donut pan with cooking spray (avocado oil or coconut is great low-carb and Keto donuts).
- Fill a piping bag with the batter.
- Divide mixture between the 6 donut slots.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely inside the pan. This step is important and intentional. If you attempt to remove the donuts from the pan while still warm, they will fall apart.
- Carefully remove from the pan.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together powdered Keto sweetener and heavy cream. Drizzle over the donuts.
- Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Tips for making baked donuts:
- Don’t overmix the batter. This will result in donuts that are though and we aim for moist and fluffy donuts.
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature.
- If the batter appears too thick, you can add 1-2 tbsp almond milk to it.
- These flourless apple donuts do stick to the donut pan. Make sure you spray it very generously with cooking spray. Also don’t under bake them. Make sure you let them cool completely in the pan, then loosen up with a knife and very carefully take out of the pan.
- These donuts require 15-18 minutes to bake. Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
For the apple donuts:
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
For the glaze:
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more heavy cream or water to thin the mixture, if necessary.
For the apple donuts:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix ingredients together with a wire whisk until just combined. Don’t over mix.
Spray a 6 slot donut pan with cooking spray (avocado oil or coconut is great low-carb and Keto donuts).
Fill a piping bag with the batter. Divide mixture between the 6 donut slots.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool completely inside the pan. Carefully remove from the pan. Drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 135, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 122mg, Potassium: 30mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 80%, Calcium: 52%, Iron: 1%