Skirt Steak And Poblano Peppers Tacos Recipe
Skirt Steak And Poblano Peppers Tacos Recipe – grilled skirt steak and poblanos come together in these simple and delicious tacos. Perfect for summer and grilling season.
I can’t tell you how much I love tacos! Especially when the weather warms up and I can quickly grill meat and veggies outdoors, tacos are one of my favorite quick meals to make. These Blackened Cod Fish Tacos are something I cook every few weeks.
The rich, meaty flavor of skirt steak is perfect for tacos. It takes a few minutes to cook on a hot grill and I usually don’t marinate it for more than 30 minutes. I used salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice and some vegetable oil to season the meat.
The perfect addition to the grilled meat happened to be grilled sweet-hot poblano peppers and sweet red peppers. I also grilled some onions to add to the tacos. Then topped them with small pieces of avocado, Queso Blanco and homemade blender salsa.
You can definitely cut the roasted peeled poblano peppers into strips, to create more authentic Mexican look.
This recipe is very convenient, because everything needed is cooked on the grill. All ingredients are easy to find and create the most amazing combination of flavors.
Perfect for a quick effortless dinner or a party.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the steak:
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 3 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 poblano peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso Blanco (or feta)
- [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/easy-blender-salsa/” target=”_blank”]blender salsa[/url]
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas, or use corn tortillas instead
- Combine cumin, garlic, oil, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Season steak with salt and pepper and place in the bowl. Make sure it is evenly coated in the marinade. Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat gas grill to high heat.
- Grill poblano and red peppers, covered, until blistered and blackened. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. let them cool and then peel off the skins.Cut into strips of cubes.
- Grill onions for 2-3 minutes per side, until you get grill marks on them.
- Grill steak covered for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice into thin pieces.
- Warm up tortillas (you can do it on the grill for about 30 seconds, don’t burn).
- Add beef, peppers, onions, salsa and avocado to tortillas. Serve.