Shrimp Pasta Lite
Shrimp pasta lite- angel hair pasta in light garlic wine sauce. Tossed tomatoes and spinach and topped with sautéed shrimp.
Hi everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? Are you planning to go Black Friday shopping today? Or you are more of a Cyber Monday type of person, like me?
We’ve made this pasta at home many times, but I never got to take pictures and share the recipe on my blog. The reason why? It is always my husband who cooks it and of course he refuses to wait until I take pictures. And since he’s cooked me pasta, it doesn’t feel right to leave him eat alone and start taking pictures. Well men love pasta and it is nice that pasta is really easy to cook, so they can make it themselves!
I recently saw a similar recipe on one of the blogs I follow, Natasha’s Kitchen, and it was a great reminder for me that I’ve totally missed to share this awesome, simple and light pasta. And yeah, I know I don’t have enough pasta recipes on my blog! (Just the way I feel)!
This pasta is ideal for lunch or dinner and it only takes 30 minutes to make. It is even a great choice if you have friends or family coming over.
The use of heavy cream s totally optional, depending on your dietary restrictions. It just makes the sauce creamy and the dish more filling. The pasta is still light, because even if you decide to use the ream, it is only 1/4 cup. Plus it is vegetarian, if you omit the cream and gluten free (whole wheat) pasta works great, too! Scallops, lobster or even fish can be substituted, if you don’t feel like eating shrimp.Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest Instagram Twitter Facebook Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar).
- 4 oz (2 servings ) uncooked pasta of your choice (I use Barilla Angel Hair)
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into pieces or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach (packed)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 12 medium to large shrimp peeled, (tail off)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Season washed and peeled shrimp with salt and pepper. Inn a skillet over medium heat sauté shrimp in olive oil until cooked through (1-2) minutes. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add butter, tomatoes, garlic, wine, hot pepper, basil, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Just about 1/4 cup of liquid should remain.
- Add cream and spinach, stir and cook for just about a minute. Add in shrimp.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain hot water, rinse with cold and set a side.
- Toss cooked pasta in sauce and top with parmesan cheese.