Seared Shrimp With Tomatoes And Avocado Recipe
Seared Shrimp With Tomatoes And Avocado Recipe – simple, fresh and full of flavor. Light meal, perfect for spring and summer!
Cinco De Mayo is just a day away! And my mouth is watering every time I open facebook or visit a food blog, because I’m seeing some amazing Mexican recipes lately. I can’t wait to try these Baja Fresh Cevice Tostadas and Bulgogi Beef Korean Tacos from two of my favorite bloggers.
Of course, I’m a little late to the party with Mexican recipes. That’s why today I decided to share with you a very light and easy to make Mexican flavored dish.
This recipe is from the cookbook : “America’s Test Kitchen – The Best Mexican Recipes”. I got the book around the same time last year and haven’t cooked anything from it yet! I’ve promised myself to try and slowly go through cookbooks I’ve purchased and try some recipes, but simple haven’t had time!
Seared shrimp, fresh tomato sauce and avocado, all ingredients needed are super easy to find. I did not sear the shrimp until brown, but that’s because I like it very lightly cooked. I also used Campari tomatoes, because that’s what I had. If you happen to use meatier tomatoes, I would suggest that you take the time and peel them. The sauce will taste even better. Coring, seeding, peeling and cutting the tomatoes is the most time-consuming step in this dish, otherwise, it is very easy to make.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored, seeded, peeled (optional) and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 scallions, white and green parts separated and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tsp minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (make sure there are no seeds)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- juice from 1 lime
- lime wedges for serving
- 1 large avocado, cut in half, pitted and diced
- Toss tomatoes, scallion whites, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt together in a bowl.In a separate bowl toss shrimp with sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer (you might need to work in batches) and cook for 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and transfer cooked shrimp to a plate.
- Return the empty skillet to the heat. Add tomato/scallion mixture and lime juice. Cook oven medium heat for 1 minute, until warmed up. Add shrimp and cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a plate, season with salt if needed. Add avocado. Garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle chopped scallion greens.
More Shrimp Recipes